President Donald J. Trump is scheduled to hold a rally tonight in Huntington at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena starting at 7pm.
Things to make note of:
1. Roadways in the immediate vicinity of the Big Sandy Superstore Arena closed at noon. There will be additional road closures during the president’s visit.
2. Doors will open at the arena at 4 p.m. and the event will start at approximately 7 p.m.
3. Arrive as early as possible to avoid traffic and allow time for security screenings.
4. The municipal parking garage at the southwest corner of 8th Street and 3rd Avenue and the two Pullman Square parking garages will be open and available for event parking. However, people will be prohibited from using the parking garages as observation points.
5. The Pullman Square parking garage closest to the Big Sandy Superstore Arena will only be accessible from 9th Street via Veterans Memorial Boulevard until 4 p.m. Vehicles will not be able to enter or exit this parking garage from 4 p.m. until after the event.
6. The Pullman Square parking garage farthest from the arena will be accessible from 10th Street or 9th Street via Veterans Memorial Boulevard until 4 p.m.
7. Harris Riverfront Park will not be available for event parking.
8. Those needing to get to Ohio are encouraged to use the 31st Street Bridge or the 17th Street West Bridge.
9. 3rd Avenue between 9th and 10th Streets closed at noon and is being called a "First Amendment Area."