The duo just released their brand new collaboration together, "I Know What You Did Last Summer," also known as IKWYDLS. The song was written backstage in Shawn's dressing room during Taylor Swift's "1989 World Tour" this year.
During their Twitter Tuesday Takeover, we learned a lot about Shawn, Camila, and their new song including
Here are 15 things we learned from Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello's iHeartRadio #TwitterTuesday Takeover:
1. Shawn gives some pretty good advice for your love life.
2. And according to Camila, he's a practically a comedian.
shawn's jokes are SAVAGE- c https://t.co/GSpThmTW7h— iHeartRadio (@iHeartRadio) November 24, 2015
3. While Shawn will advise you on your love life, Camila will guide you to a successful career. #BO$$
focus on developing ur craft. shouldn't even feel like work cause u love it so much :) & be nice to ppl just cause-c https://t.co/LSp473lK94— iHeartRadio (@iHeartRadio) November 24, 2015
4. Shawn cannot speak Spanish.
How many words did Camila teach Shawn in Spanish that he can successfully say #iHeartShawnAndCamila— ♕Befour Ke♕ (@AIIyZayn) November 24, 2015
5. BUT, Shawn is THERE. FOR YOU.
What's your favorite thing about Shawn,Camilla? #iHeartShawnAndCamila— ana (@highlightmendes) November 24, 2015
he's always there for his friends, like if u just need to vent or talk or had a bad day he always cares :) - c https://t.co/REFFXE1vLB— iHeartRadio (@iHeartRadio) November 24, 2015
6. Camila once lived in Mexico when she was little.
Hey!!!! im good, we just got to Mexico, i used to live here when i was little so i just cried for like 10 min -c https://t.co/0Vd8nc0M0R— iHeartRadio (@iHeartRadio) November 24, 2015
7. IKWYDLS happened randomly backstage at Taylor Swift's concert.
#iHeartShawnAndCamila who came up with the idea to do a duet? 😂— SHAWN IS EVERYTHING (@MicaHaenni) November 24, 2015
8. They fought over the song's title.
9. And they had a serious case of the giggles during the cover shoot.
You guys should do a photoshoot together you both have blessed genes #iHeartShawnAndCamila— paige | LUV U S&C (@MENDESHEARTED) November 24, 2015
we honestly couldn't stop laughing while doing the little cover art shoot, we can't be serious at all. LOL - c https://t.co/aFEkZcAaR4— iHeartRadio (@iHeartRadio) November 24, 2015
10. Shawn's favorite scene in the music video is the rain scene.
11. If you're wondering why Shawn and Camila couldn't be closer, here's your explanation:
why in the video of ikwydls you walk but can't be closer? explain pls #iHeartShawnAndCamila b— jenni (@cabellohugz) November 24, 2015
it represents the frustration of trying to hold on to somebody that u have to let go of. a love that's starving- c https://t.co/rsvaD8FXzR— iHeartRadio (@iHeartRadio) November 24, 2015
12. Camila has an excellent selfie face.
13. She also likes to write about ~love~
Do you write a lot if yes why do you like writing #iHeartShawnAndCamila— celine (@lowkeyscabello) November 24, 2015
i like to remember when i hear it back. who i loved and what that kiss was like and what heartbreak was like- c https://t.co/ml5Xl7SPfg— iHeartRadio (@iHeartRadio) November 24, 2015
14. And here's her best songwriting tip:
i like to i imagine the person im writing it about hearing the song. it makes me wanna say everything i didn't - c https://t.co/hn574PWSiO— iHeartRadio (@iHeartRadio) November 24, 2015
15. Last, but not least: